Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Talking Politics

So today I went to my Uncle's shiva house and was talking to my cousin about my thesis and Israel and the situation in the Middle East. When I lived in Israel i quickly realized that although I am a political science major, and now getting my masters in political studies I really don't like talking politics with people. It is usually pretty hard to find some common ground and it ends up just being two people talking to themselves. I find this so annoying, I feel that I have an open mind about things but obviously I have my own views about things too. So I got into a conversation about Israel and it was really great. My cousin was interested in what I had to say and I was interested in what he had to say. It was so refreshing to have this type of back and forth give and take. I hate that I'm writing about this, this should happen all the time. This shouldn't make me feel good, this should be the norm. People are so close minded and it is so hard to get people to see eye to eye on a specific issue. I don't mean to over simplify but if people could have meaningful debate I think things in this world wouldn’t be so grim.

Currently listening to BTO's "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet"

No comments: