Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let The Trip Begin

So this is my first among (hopefully) many blog posts about my travels in Asia.

I'm not totally sure what the nature of this blog will be. I've been thinking about writing about food because I love food and I feel this trip will be a culinary adventure. I also don't really want to just write my day to day, that's not very interesting. I imagine it will end up being a little bit of both and I will try to make it as interesting as possible.

Currently I'm sitting at JFK waiting for my flight to Tokyo-Narita. The mediocre and overpriced omlette I had was nothing to write home about.

So far the most interesting part of my day was the flight from Toronto to NY. It was a 50 seater plane but there were only 8 passengers. It felt like I was on my own private jet. What I don't understand is how Delta could operate a plane with so few people?

After an hour and a half in Tokyo its off to Bangkok. So I'll post again when I get there!

4 comments:

schoolcouns said...

Ooh! super excited for you! how long are your travels going to be for? I totally have some food-related recommendations for ya! are you going to cambodia, bali, or laos on your trip? have the best time :)

Dave said...

cambodia and laos are on the agenda

marty said...

email your mother xoxoxox

Sean said...

yeah bra. culinary adventure!

i'm jealous. i know china is a long way off, but eat all the eggplant you can get your hands on.

keep the posts coming...